Department of Consumer Affairs – Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation
P.O. Box 138200
Sacramento, CA 95813-8200
(800) 952-5210

News Media Inquiries Only

Alex Traverso
Chief of Communications
Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation

Other contacts/resources:

For questions about cultivation:

The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) has been designated the agency responsible for licensing cultivation. It will also establish conditions under which indoor and outdoor cultivation may occur, establish an electronic database to track cannabis from seed to sale, and assist other state agencies in protecting the environment and public health and safety.

For questions about manufacturing:

The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has been deemed the agency responsible for licensing manufacturers.

For questions about pesticide regulation:

The Department of Pesticide Regulation, in consultation with the Department of Food and Agriculture, shall develop standards for the use of pesticides in cultivation and maximum tolerances for pesticides and other foreign object residue in harvested cannabis.

Seller’s permits, tax issues:

For these and other related topics, visit the California Board of Equalization at

Small Business/DVBE Advocate

Small Business Liaison